“I personally want to welcome you to The Electric Carnival Website. This site is designed to support the sale of my book, The Electric Carnival, and its accompanying kit. By using these educational products it is my hope that you will experience the joy and wonder of a spectacular science education-one that has you exploring, creating, and inventing.”
~ Doug Biedenweg
Book and Complete Kit
The book and kit train you in the fundamentals of electricity and empower you to solve real circuit problems through the use of an electronics meter. After this training, you will be ready to design and build your own cool electronics projects. The book shows you how to build 10 amazing projects and has two invention challenges in chapters 7 and 11. There are five bonus sections at the end.
The Electric Carnival Book
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Fundamentals of Electricity
- Chapter 2 – The Meter
- Chapter 3 – Multiple Items in Circuits
- Chapter 4 – Making Simple Cool Projects that Work
Projects (Chapters 5 – 14)
Chapter 5 – The Psychedelic Paint Spinner – Get ready to splatter paint in patterns that are sure to blow your mind!
Chapter 6 – Ready, Set, Operate – You’re the surgeon as you pluck bones and body parts in this favorite game-with a twist
Chapter 7 – Barbie’s Bad Date Doormat – Challenge yourself to construct a mat that will help Barbie turn away all unwanted suitors
Chapter 8 – The Rave Light Wheel – Set the mood with a reversible, swirling wheel of color changing LEDs.
Chapter 9 – Electronic Rubber Band Shooter – Pull some pranks on your friends with a “snap in the back” that comes out o’ nowhere
Chapter 10 – The Color Changing Galloping Ghost – Darken the room, grab your bed sheet, and get ready for a ghoulishly good time.
Chapter 11 – Mini Car Challenge – Challenge yourself to a footrace with one of the fastest cars this side of Indy-all you need to do is design and build it!
Chapter 12 – Mini Golf – Reward A-Hole-in-One with a shower of Pop-Its exploding snappers
Chapter 13 – Electronic Hockey – Even more fun than your favorite arcade game.
Chapter 14 – Shooting Gallery – Test your accuracy with a Nerf Gun and targets that turn on a light, make a Smiley face spin, and set off a New Year’s Champagne party popper.
Extra Bonus Section
Bonus A: Making a Paint Spinner Box from Cardboard
Bonus B: The Double Pole Double Throw Switch
Bonus C: Cutting and Placing LEDs in Holders
Bonus D: Hockey Leg Stencil
Bonus E: Setting Off a Party Popper with a Car Door Actuator and a Mousetrap
“I have had the opportunity to see first-hand the powerful impact of Dr., Biedenweg’s approach to science education. His method quickly draws the students into the subject and then creates a depth of understanding that enables the students to make more rapid progress in their subsequent courses. As our country seeks to enhance our competitiveness through better science education, Dr. Biedenweg’s work provides a real model for success.”
~ Wes Bush, CEO and President, Northrup Grumman Corporation
“Successful careers begin with a belief at young age that for any problem there is a solution. Dr. Biedenweg’s school of science, passion, and smiling at challenge has been instrumental in sparking this kind of success in me and hundreds of others.”
~ Ted Chung, Stampede Management
Manager for Entertainment Icons Snoop Dogg and Far East Movement
Six Reason Why You Should Own the Electric Carnival
- Kid Tested – A huge advantage is that everything in the book is kid tested – Hundreds of ninth graders have been assigned these tasks (or very similar tasks) with no instruction and have been able to come up with solutions that work on their own.
- Coolness Factor – The projects are cool and fun to play with. They have deliberately been selected for their entertainment value and to show how the creative use of a small number of materials can result in a shocking array of different products.
- Materials Required – All of the projects can be built successfully with minimal construction materials, minimal tools, minimal electronics parts, minimal skill, and are inexpensive. All of the building is done with cardboard and hot glue. Other than cardboard, all of the electronic materials and tools necessary to build the projects can fit into a shoebox and are inexpensive.
- Fundamentals – The early chapters focus on electricity fundamentals – Voltage, current, resistance, ohm’s law, parallel and series circuits, and the use of a meter. Students who follow the book will not only be able to understand and construct real circuits, they will also understand the fundamentals and be able to trouble shoot their own circuits.
- Accessibility – The electronics presented is for beginners and can be understood by simple everyday intuition – There are no chips, breadboards, etc.. Much of the material is also presented in cartoon/drawing form so the delivery is non-intimidating.
- Artistic Creativity – There is an emphasis on the reader adding his own special artistic touches to the projects to make them come alive (the reader is also encouraged to attempt to design the project on his own).
Look inside the book (click below)
Showing all 3 results
Showing all 3 results